It’s another day of my favourite month, and another day of the Halloween Tea Party! Today is one of my favourite makeup looks, the Obama Hope Poster. This is a fab face paint if you want something that looks awesome but doesn’t take a massive amount of time to pull off. Plus, you’ve probably got the matching costume lurking around in your wardrobe – a shirt and jacket.
I feel like this is one of those looks where the chances of bumping into someone else dressed the same is pretty small which is always a big bonus on halloween!
I’m having a little halloween competition over on instagram where you can post your own halloween look, hashtag it with #halloweenteapartycomp and tag me in the picture to be in with a chance of winning some goodies. The full details are over on my instagram if you feel like showing off your skills.
As usual, here’s some tips for doing this look.
- It’s best to start out with the white and work your way to the darkest colour. At least if you go out of the lines with a dark colour on top of a light it’ll cover it rather than them mixing together.
- Map out the shapes (from a reference picture) using a liner or eyeshadow, then you can just fill everything in.
- Using clean brushes for each colour makes life easier as you can add in the smaller details at the end.
- Use matching powders like eyeshadows to go over the face paint if you end up with a patchy application.
- Set your eyes with eyeshadow to prevent creasing/rub off.
- Take your time with the lines, nice crisp lines between the colours really makes this look pop.
- Use liquid to matte lipsticks (or any lipsticks really) for the lips as they tend to last much longer, especially if you’re going to be eating or drinking while wearing this.
- MUA Intense Glitter Liner – Baby Blue
- Mehron Paradise Body Paint – White
- Mehron Paradise Body Paint – Black
- Mehron Paradise Body Paint – Berry Red
- Mehron Paradise Body Paint – Sky Blue
- Sleek Ultra Matte v1 (Brights) – Pow
- Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow in Black Heart
There’ll be another look going live tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled!
Recreated This Look?
If you recreate this look I’d absolutely love to see how it comes out. You can post it to social media and tag me in the post (@teaisforteagan) and hashtag it with #halloweenteaparty to join in the fun.